THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE FOR THE LATEST GUIDANCE https://bracknellforestsafeguarding.org.uk/
Coronavirus (Covid-19) information
For information about how to stay safe and prevent the spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19) please follow the advice provided by the Government. Further information is available from the NHS and Public Health England. Bracknell Forest Council will also publish regular updates.
The Safeguarding Board will be working with our local partners to ensure vulnerable people continue to receive the protection they require. Please contact social care if you are concerned about anyone at risk of abuse and neglect.
As of 30 June 2019, the Bracknell Forest Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) combined with the Safeguarding Adult Board, to be known as Bracknell Forest Safeguarding Board.
Our revised multi-agency safeguarding arrangements have been developed by safeguarding partners in Bracknell Forest and build on strong partnership working that has previously supported separate approaches to safeguarding children and adults. A new website provides a single portal for information in respect of the Safeguarding Board’s activities.
What is safeguarding?
Everyone has a responsibility for safeguarding children. Every child can be hurt, put at risk of harm or abused, regardless of their age, gender, religion or ethnicity. Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
Child protection procedures
Report a concern
How to report your concerns about a child
- New multi-agency safeguarding arrangements
- Slavery still exists in modern Britain
- Do something incredible this year – foster a local child
- Joint targeted area inspections on child sexual exploitation and missing children
- Thames Valley Police – how you can help keep children safe online
- Safeguarding Children Information Circular July 2017
- NHS launches video to keep kids safe this summer
- Ofsted inspection of the LSCB
- Newly published SCRs June 2017
- Safeguarding lessons following the death of Shanay Walker