This course is for individuals with a higher level of expertise; a fuller understanding of how to work together to identify and assess concerns and to plan, undertake and review interventions.
The learning objectives are to raise awareness and effectively equip practitioners with information from research and practice evidence to identify signs and indicators of neglect and the impact on children and to:
- identify signs and indicators of neglect and consider the significance of individual perspectives when identifying neglect including the definition from Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015
- understand the ‘start again’ approach to neglect cases and consider the implications for practice
- understand the range of tools to assess the impact of neglect on the child and their development
- understand the concept of ‘good enough’ parenting
- apply frameworks for the assessment of parental capacity to change
- explore approaches that are helpful in engaging with neglectful families
BFC Council staff should book via iWorks. For everyone else please book your place via Organisational.Development@Bracknell-Forest.gov.uk.