The East Berkshire Drug and Alcohol Action Team’s (DAATs) training programme is based across the 3 East Berkshire Boroughs: Bracknell, Slough, Windsor & Maidenhead. The programme provides important knowledge for staff to be able to identify, signpost and refer substance misusers to the specialist treatment services that are available and minimise the impact of any drug use on children/young people.
All of the courses are mapped to the Drug and Alcohol National Occupational Standards (DANOS), incorporate models of care and are delivered by a specialist trainer, Tony D’Agostino.
The training programme has been designed for staff and volunteers in East Berkshire, but is open to people from other areas.
- An Introduction to Drugs & Alcohol
- Mental Health, Drugs and Alcohol (Dual Diagnosis)
- Working with young people with substance misuse issues
- Cannabis: interventions, trends in use and mental health effects
- New Psychoactive Substances (NPS) and Legal Highs
To enrol on any of these courses please phone Slough DAAT on 01753 875021 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details can be found in the East Berkshire DAAT Training Booklet 2018-19