FGM is illegal in the UK and it is illegal to prepare, send or take a child to another country.
If you suspect that a child/ren in Bracknell Forest is at risk of any form of FGM you must take action to report it immediately using the pathway guidance or the referral processes outlined on the home page of this site.
The following links provide access to further information that may also be of relevance:
- Bracknell Forest strategy for tackling FGM (BFLSCB, 2016)
- FGM Referral Process into MASH (BFLSCB Oct 2017)
- FGM care pathway for adults (BFLSCB, 2017)
- Support for FGM in Berkshire (Rose Centre, 2018)
- Support for FGM in BF poster 2019
- Bracknell Forest Public Health Portal JSNA – information on FGM
- Latest Government multi-agency guidance on FGM
- FGM risk and safeguarding – guidance for professionals (DOH, 2015)
- Recognising and preventing FGM – free online training
Further documents available on our FGM page in links and publications.