This section of the website provides those working with or caring for children/ young people with information to help and assist them in fulfilling their safeguarding responsibilities.
It is intended that the resources provided in this section will complement the LSCB’s core Inter-Agency Guidance and Safeguarding Tools which are designed to help ensure they act decisively to protect children, and to assess how they meet their broader safeguarding responsibilities.
The LSCB has a 3-year safeguarding plan, which identifies how the LSCB will meet its legal responsibilities and core functions to ensure partners protect children from harm. It also identifies the following from local targeted priorities to:
- have oversight of the safeguarding journey for children and young people
- ensure effective provision to reduce the impact of violence on children and young people
- ensure the effectiveness of Early Help provision
- strengthen arrangements in place to safeguard missing children and those at risk of CSE
- have oversight of the steps partners must take to counter hate crime and extremism
In addition, the LSCB remains aware of the wide range of safeguarding issues that routinely require a robust and well co-ordinated response.
The Board links with the Safeguarding Adults Partnership Board (SAPB) to ensure that we are working together to safeguard all local residents who may be vulnerable to abuse regardless of age.
- Protecting children from harm
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Multi-agency guidance on FGM (HMI, 2016)
- Assessment and referral of CiN – procedures
- BF LSCB thresholds
- Multi-Professional Protocol: Bruising/Suspicious marks on children not independently mobile
- Useful guide to recognising neglect
- Supervision: safeguarding policy and guidance