If you are worried about the safety and well-being of a child, you can phone in confidence on:

01344 352005 (out -of-hours options  are shown below)

If your concern is urgent, please call the police in your area or 999.


If a child is in immediate danger or left alone, you should contact the police or call an ambulance – call 999.

The police operator will need to take your name, address and details of what has happened. This will take time, but it is important to get all of the information from you so that they can send the appropriate resources to you if necessary.

Non emergency

If there is no immediate danger or you need advice or information, you should call:

Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)

Tel: 01344 352005
8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday

Visit the MASH page for further information.

Out of hours duty team

Tel:  01344 786543
5pm to 8:30am from Monday to Friday and 24 hours a day at weekends.

Visit the Emergency Duty Service page for more information.

NSPCC helpline

You can contact the helpline in a number of ways to get expert advice from one of their advisers; all are trained child protection officers.

Tel: 0808 800 5000
Text: 88858
Textphone: NSPCC helpline have a free Text phone service for people who are deaf or whose hearing is impaired on: 0800 056 0566
Email: help@nspcc.org.uk
Post: NSPCC helpline, 42 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3NH

The NSPCC has online advice and guidance if you are worried about a child.

Contact organisations

Other organisations you may wish to contact include:

•    Police
•    Childline
•    Women’s Aid
•    Adult Social Care

For more information and advice on how to protect your children see our protecting your child page.

Reporting concerns about people working with children

To report concerns about the behaviour of someone who works with children or young people, please complete the LADO referral form and return to LADO@bracknell-forest.gov.uk.

However, if the matter is more urgent or you wish to discuss your concerns please contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) – see details above. Detailed guidance in respect of managing allegations against staff and volunteers  can be found on our Allegations against staff, carers and volunteers page.
Close Menu