The Bracknell Forest Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) is a statutory partnership which is led by Independent Chair Alex Walters who is independent of all the organisations involved. The Board brings together senior and operational staff within local organisations to help co-ordinate services and make certain they work together to keep children safe from harm. It operates a partnership budget where a range of partners contribute to the work of the LSCB.
The Chair provides advice, support and challenge to members of the partnership to ensure that their work is effective and is independent of all organisations. This critical role reflects the statutory requirements set out within the statutory guidance working together to safeguard children.
Details of the chair and members of the LSCB can be found in our membership diagram.
The LSCB is committed to ensuring sustained improvements in services for children and young people and achieves this through its programme of audit and scrutiny as part of the Board’s overarching Learning and Improvement Framework.
Additional administrative support to the agenda and minutes is provide by the local authority Democratic Services.
- BF Multi-agency Safeguarding Arrangements (BFLSCB, 2019)
- BF Revised Thresholds Guidance (BFLSCB, 2019)
- Working Together to Safeguard Children, 2018
- Guide to LSCB
- Bracknell Forest LSCB Annual Report 2017-18
- LSCB Safeguarding Business Plan 2018-19 update
- LSCB structure chart 2016-17
- Joint protocol for safeguarding children