Safer workforce training
Safer recruitment: children and young people
This course is for anyone who is involved in the recruitment process of staff or volunteers who will be working with children or young people. Experience over many years shows the importance of incorporating measures that help deter, reject, or identify people who are unsuitable to work with children or young people. These measures should be incorporated within the organisation’s recruitment, selection and induction procedures.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify the key features of the recruitment process that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people.
- Explore policies and practises that minimise opportunities for abuse and ensure its prompt reporting
- Create an action plan to review own organisation policies and practices in recruitment with a view to making them safer
Cost of this course is £50 or £25 to private, independent and voluntary sector.
For information on dates and how to apply contact: Corpserv.email@example.com or phone the Learning & Development Co-ordinators on 01344 35 2211 or 2293.
Safer recruitment - children
- Keeping children safe in education - statutory guidance for schools and colleges
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- NSPCC safer recruitment resources
- Values based interviewing
- The Bichard inquiry
- Towards safer organisations
The Board is not responsible for the accuracy of material on linked websites, and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.