This section of the website provides those working with or caring for children/ young people with information to help and assist them in fulfilling their safeguarding responsibilities.
It is intended that the resources provided in this section will complement the LSCB’s core Inter-Agency Guidance and Safeguarding Tools which are designed to help ensure they act decisively to protect children, and to assess how they meet their broader safeguarding responsibilities.
The LSCB has a three year Safeguarding Plan which identifies how the LSCB will meet its legal responsibilities and core functions to ensure partners protect children from harm and also identifies the following from local targeted priorities:
- have oversight of the safeguarding journey for children and young people
- ensure effective provision to reduce the impact of violence on children and young people
- ensure the effectiveness of Early Help provision
- strengthen arrangements in place to safeguard missing children and those at risk of CSE
- have oversight of the steps partners must take to counter hate crime and extremism
In addition the LSCB remains aware of the wide range of safeguarding issues that routinely require a robust and well co-ordinate response.
The Board links with the Safeguarding Adults Partnership Board (SAPB) to ensure that we are working together to safeguard all local residents who may be vulnerable to abuse regardless of age.
The Board is not responsible for the accuracy of material on linked websites, and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.